A Beacon Of Hope - Anchored In The Word
The Harbor Center for Biblical Counseling exists to glorify God through a biblical counseling ministry that loves people as they walk with Jesus in their time of need.
Need To Talk To Someone?
What We Provide
We provide biblical counseling for life’s struggles. We believe that hope and wisdom are found when we look to the Bible, the written Word, and see Jesus, the living Word.
Who We Are
We are disciples of Jesus. We’d love to talk about the challenges that you face, so that you too might know the joy of walking with Jesus.
Looking For Hope?
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions we receive the most about our services.
If we missed anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to connect with you.
Biblical counseling occurs whenever and wherever God’s people engage in conversations that are anchored in Scripture, centered on Christ and the Gospel, grounded in sound theology, dependent upon the Holy Spirit and prayer, directed toward sanctification, rooted in the life of the church, founded in love, attentive to heart issues, comprehensive in understanding, thorough in care, practical and relevant, and oriented toward outreach.
People come to Harbor Center Biblical Counseling for many different types of care. Some of the issues that we regularly counsel are the following:
- Marriage and family issues
- Anger and conflict
- Guilt and shame
- Struggling with loss
- Fear and anxiety
- Obsessive and compulsive behaviors
No. Our biblical counselors are not professionals, nor are they licensed with the
state. Rather, they are mature individuals who are trained in applying the Bible to
the struggles of life.
We ask that you commit to:
- Honestly and openly sharing your hurts and struggles.
- Evaluating your own thoughts, emotions, actions, and relationships.
- Actively participating in the redemptive growth of renewed thoughts and
worldview beliefs; emotions and desires; and choices and commitments.
- Coming to each meeting prepared to review your progress since the last
meeting (including the completion of personalized “homework” assignments)
and prepared to share your goals for the present meeting.
- Regularly attend Sunday worship gatherings (with your church or MEFC).
- Regularly participate in a community/Bible study group.
- Regularly walk alongside a spiritual advocate/friend during this season.
We offer biblical counseling free of charge.